Saturday, July 2, 2011

Holidays !!!

This morning we flew down to Brisbane then drove out to Toowoomba.  I had previously asked Ty if we could go to one of my old favourite op shops.   OMG it smelt the same as 7 years ago, not much had changed.  I eventually found some pastel plates that I have been collecting for sometime, they had $4.00 on them but I was lucky enough to get them for a $1.00 each.

We then headed out to Dalby…had a drive around past where we used to live,  checked out how much it had changed since we left.

Bell was our next stop,  a cute little country town in the middle of no where.  About 30 klms down the road we arrived at  “Niagara”  the property that Ty’s parents care take. 

It is a very old house and very run down, such a shame they have not maintained it.  So I wondered around with my camera and took these pictures.

IMG_5792

This old house was hand made with just slabs of timber and wire..a bit spooky to go inside !!IMG_5793

These are the old stables.IMG_5797

IMG_5791

I love this gate,  it is so romantic looking,  crazy hey but I think its really nice, wish I had it in my garden.

IMG_5925

This is “ UFA”  nan and pops little dog they have had for about 11years

IMG_5985

Pop had the sprinkler on in the front garden and as the wind got stronger we noticed this lovely rainbow.

IMG_5861

This is a 300 year old bottle tree out in the paddock next to the house.  I noticed something that no one else had before….can you see it ??  LOL

IMG_5862

IMG_6009

The old house is full of old period style features…..I Love them all.

IMG_6026

This afternoon we had a visit from these lovely girls,  they were very interested in what I was doing.

IMG_5789

This is where the dogs used to sleep,  its actually bigger than it looks.

Tan  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment